Saturday, August 11, 2007

the long weekend





last weekend we were at rae and marvin's wedding. it was right on the beach and it was wonderful. we had brought along our tent and camping stuff as had planned to stay in the campground that was right there. when we arrived, the weather was weird - overcast, humid, gusty winds. the campground was filled with gnarled old oak trees and the random, abandoned shacks kinda creeped us out. we decided to stick it out. little did we know that we were in for quite the adventure....

click here for the whole story.


the next day it was sunny and the freaky old trees actually looked quite beautiful. the place wasn't so bad, so we stayed for another night. we had a great time relaxing with no agenda and nothing to do but read books, take random pictures on the beach (see Side Bar) and hang out...


our campsite in the creepy campground. note the location of the firepit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how great it is to scroll down to the comment section of your own blog and see that someone cared enough about your life to read your blog and also leave a comment. I love Ryan's version of your camping trip. I also love the random portraits you two took. GOtta love digital cameras! You sure look like your mom in the fourth one. Anyway- we are sooo on for a fancy shmancy sundae at the Ikon Grill, Seattle WA this Christmas time. can't wait.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love that you two are best friends with each other. You look like you have so much fun together.

Geni said...

You guys are SO SILLY. I love it!

That firepit is... um... clearly located in your campsite. Such a strange story! I'm glad it turned out nicer than our crazy camping weekend - but you'll have to wait until I update MY blog with that one! I use lots of !s!