Sunday, September 23, 2007

just the thing to ease the pms cravings....

R and i went on a date last night. it was super nice outside so we decided to go for a walk and went to our usual date place (i mean besides the cheap theater). we realized, as i dove into my georgia mud fudge and R into his cotton candy blizzard, that we've been going to this dairy queen for over 4 years now. it's our little place! we have a place!
i think we'll actually miss walking to this little place after i graduate and we move away. and then one day when we have some kids and we drive into the city, as we go past this place we will tell them every single time, "Oh look kids! This is where your dad and I would go on dates when we were newlyweds! ...Oh and there's our first home! And just over there is where we went to university. We would walk to school you know. That was before hover skateboards were invented. Have we ever told you that before?" And we'll say this every time.

so now you ask how we can afford such luxuries as dairy queen blizzards. well, if you're asking that, then apparently you're not part of the blizzard fan club, in which case you need to go straight here and sign up. seriously, do it now. they give you bogo coupons on your birthday, on valentines day and on many other random times throughout the year. we've eaten a lot of free blizzards.
mmmmm... icecream.....

7 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love DQ!

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough I still remember a shaddy little apartment complex in Wpg where your mom lived after bible school. I remember mom and dad telling me this on one of those "city trips" where they'd tell us where they lived and where they went for dates... I am coming soon! Then you can show ME where you live and take me for a blizzard!! I am in the fanclub now too!!!

kimbee said...

I want one now! I need to remember not to visit your site because I instantly start salivating at the sight of that tasty treat. It just isn't the same going to DQ all alone. Since I am all alone right now, I will continue to salivate and hope that Jonathan is up for going to DQ tonight. but, since he is so thrifty, he will say to me, "Don't we have ice cream treats in the freezer?" And I'll say, "yes, but it isn't the same!!!!!!!!!!!" And then, by the time I settle into bed tonight, I still will not have tasted the treat I longed for all day.

kimbee said...

And it happened just as I suspected it would.

jupo said...

what?!? denying a pregnant woman of a special icecream treat? why, i've never even heard of such nonsense!!

The Keowns said...

thank ya for the DQ tip. We never go there because it is always way to expensive!

kimbee said...

I've finished off the tasty treats in our freezer so here's to hoping DQ will be happening soon. Plus, it is the beginning of the budgeting month. All the stars are aligned.