Monday, December 17, 2007

surprise!

i like surprises. i like when people surprise me, because it means that they were thinking of me and wanting to make me happy. but more than how much i like surprises, i LOVE anticipating good things. i love getting excited about things that are coming up. i love the anticipatory feeling. R pointed this out in me recently. back in august, he wanted to surprise me by buying tickets to see the sound of music at rainbow stage because he knew i'd love it. he told me that he had a date planned on the last day of day camp but he didn't tell me what it was, because he knew i liked surprises. but then, he told me a few days before the show that we were going to the sound of music and i was PUMPED. he told me because he knew i would love the anticipation.

this weekend i pulled off a good surprise myself. see, i'm planning to fly out to victoria on tuesday to spend a few days with my sister, then head out to seattle and hang out with kerri for a few days, then go up to vancouver where R will join me and we'll spend some time with his family. that was the disclosed plan. but my sister and i schemed up a secret plan to surprise my family. and so on thursday, she flew out here! only a very few people knew. on friday, i had invited my family over for a little family christmas party at my place. when my parents arrived and my sister opened the door they were literally speechless. hahaha! great fun! and then on saturday we had 2 gatherings and surprised all our relatives. we had warned the grandparents that there would be a surprise visitor, because we were slightly afraid of the physical trauma we might inflict onto them (and i did not want to have to use my CPR skills).

oh it was great. genifer and i are going to be flying back to victoria together on tomorrow.

and now you must go to the sidebar and vote!

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

That's awesome that you were able to surprise the family. Enjoy your vacation.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

That is a fantastic surprise. I can imagine how excited your family was. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

I am still speechless! I have no voice now whatsoever! Yes, that had to be the biggest surprise I've had that I can think of right now (except when dad proposed to me - I totally hadn't seen that coming either!) But what a wonderful surprise - I can hardly believe all the conniving and anticipation that went into that glorious surprise! Genifer missed Christmas here for 2 years and how special that we could all be together this year cuz of you guys conniving! Yup our kids are the best! You know how to make a celebration special! Thanks guys!
I love you all so much. I'd tell you that except I can't talk! I feel abit like Zachariah (except I hope I'm not having a baby!Wouldn't that be a surprise!good grief)
love mom