Monday, August 20, 2007

doe a deer

i just woke up from my daily nap and my thoughts are all over the map. i can't believe that it's already Week 8. it's junior high week so the kids are totally different and i love it. we spend a lot more time just hanging out. now if the weather will just cooperate, this will be a great week. which is nice. last week was the longest week ever. but soon it's all over. and then i won't be tired anymore! yipee! but i will miss camp. and i don't want to go back to school yet. i have very mixed feelings about this. on friday we're going out to celebrate my survival of Crazy Summer. my wonderful husband just told me that he's taking me to rainbow stage to see the sound of music. i can't wait!!

yesterday we came home from camping at clear lake. it's been awhile since i've been camping in a national park. wow, is there ever a huge difference!! it was so beautiful, so well kept. the gorgeous flower gardens, the huge trees and green lawns, the nice beach, the plethora of gift shops which of course all sell ice cream, and of course the museum with the stuffed moose and bear and owl and wolf and deer and cougar, complete with buttons you can press to hear the sound of elk in both french and english. it was wonderfully relaxing and definitely worth the almost 3 hour drive out there.

now i think it's about time i start packing. after all, we're moving next friday. hey if you're free next friday do you wanna lend a hand?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Partly because I saw the Sound of Music at Rainbow Stage and loved it. The Sound of Music is by far the best musical EVER. Plus- I love Clear Lake. It is one of my top fav. places in the world and I've seen a few :) I didn't know that you were moving. I must have missed that post. Bad me. Can I still be your hero?

Anonymous said...

you can kiss my cheeks when I fly out with my mommy and big brother. Mommy says we might come in October!
Love,
Olivia

Geni said...

You didn't help ME move! ha. I'd totally help if I was there, and I really hope I can come see your place eventually. And the Sound of Music??? EEP! I would love to see something like that, and at Rainbow Stage no less! I hope the mosquitoes aren't bad.


Just one question, though - do French elk sound different than the English elk?

Trev and Rebekah said...

Moving is fun. When we moved we had a whole bunch of people show up to help and we were moved out of our apartment in less than 2 hours. We also had a lot of help with removing wall paper, etc in our new house. Hope you get lots of help.

Anonymous said...

I was free last Friday so I helped you move! I think I got it figured out. I didn't read your Blog ahead of time but I helped you move. The people who all responded to your blog before me, read your Blog and never helped you. So if I'd of read your Blog first, I wouldn't have come to help you....and I could have gone to the beach...and I wouldn't have been so tired that night...and I wouldn't have seen your cool new place! Hope you have lots of good times ahead of you there!!!! All the best to you guys!
love mom