Monday, February 18, 2008

more advice?

a huge thank you to those of you who gave me appliance advice!! this really helps!

i feel i should clarify what i meant by the appliances that "come with the house". we're building the house - there isn't even a hole dug yet. :( so... there aren't any used appliances that actually come with the house. the ones that they sort of suggest are simple models and will be put straight onto the mortgage (which will be adjusted accordingly). or we can say, for example, don't include the washing machine, because i want a front loader, and then we'll buy our own. so, either way, i'm buying all new appliances!! yipeeee! this makes me very excited (when i can forget about the cost).

i am definitely open to more opinions. what do you love? what do you hate?

2 comments:

Geni said...

I wish I could give you some advice! I don't know much about buying appliances, as the fanciest thing I own is a vacuum cleaner. Ha!

Beth loooooooooves her front-loading washer, though. It was kinda pricey, but apparently it does a crazy amazing job, with way less detergent, at a very low cost energy-wise. Mind you... who goes out and purposely buys things that use lots of electricity? Ha. I'd get Mom to find you a bunch of consumer reports and look up ratings on them, and get an idea from that, too. Actually... Mom's probably already done that!

Good luck deciding! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, too!!

The Keowns said...

wahoo!! i have yet to congratulate you on your new home!!
as for appliances, I would go with a front loader. We don't have one but since our washing machine is on its last leg, we plan to buy one in the next two weeks. I would get what you want since you may regret it in the long run. and stove, ceramic top one of course. and I like the fridge with the freezer at the bottom, as for dishwashers....make sure it is the tall or deep tub (not sure if that is what it is called) it means more space.