so.... i didn't get my first choice for my practicum on surgery/obstetrics. i'm going to be on the general medicine ward, with about 2 weeks of ER in there too. and i was starting to be okay with that.
but then yesterday i found out that the other girl who asked for it, got it. hmmmm. i thought that they weren't taking either of us. i'm not very impressed. "i want it more than she does!" i feel like shouting. "why did she get it! it's not fair!"
but i won't shout that because i was already starting to be okay with Plan B. and so now that she got it, suddenly i'm not okay with Plan B anymore?
i know, i know, a medicine background is a great thing. and i certainly don't need to work there when i'm done if i hate it. but who knows, maybe i'll realize that i was made to be an ER nurse.
looking at the practicum list, i see some people signed up for crazy things like "wound care team" and "children's OR". part of me is a little jealous that they know what they want (and that they got it). but a stronger part of me knows that they're really limiting themselves by doing that - not that that's a bad thing if that's what they really want to do. but then you need to work in that area later. i know i can still go anywhere with a bit of extra medicine training. ha.... i say "extra" as if i have any. the thing is, i've never even done adult medicine. during our medicine rotation, i was at the children's hospital that's a whole different story. this makes me a little nervous.
anyways, a bunch of you were asking where this was at, and so here it is. not great. not bad. not very exciting either. but this is where i sit for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
As you clearly understand all the logical reasons to why what you're doing is a good thing, I'm not going to point any of them out.
I am going to say I'm sorry you didn't get what you hoped for, and that I agree that it sucks, and I totally understand the desire to shout about it. You're amazing, so it's really unfair that you had this sort of setback. It's not REALLY a setback, but it still is frustrating.
Thank you for the update. I have been thinking about you a lot lately, and I hope you get to write lots of "oh wow, this is actually totally fantastic" posts in the near future.
Post a Comment