Sunday, April 27, 2008

my latest project

tomorrow is my graduation dinner & dance, so i've been hard at work transforming my bridesmaid dress (that is, my sister's dress from my wedding) into something a little more fun. yes, this much orange crepe-back satin and it still could turn into something more fun. who knew?

the nasty BEFORE picture


hard at work


it needed a good hem. as in, 13 inches. then with the leftover fabric i added some wedge-shaped panels on the sides to make it a bit more of an A-line.


i also added this waistband just below the bust, using the crepe side of the fabric.
because i wanted to.


and the finished product..... oh wait! you can't see it yet. you'll have to wait until after my banquet tomorrow. ha!

1 comments:

Geni said...

Nasty? NASTY?? But YOU made ME wear that dress!!!


hahahaha!
Ok, I see what you mean. Dresses that are great in a wedding don't always translate into anything wearable in real life. That colour is still great, though, so I hope that I get to see some final product pictures soon!